Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Higher Education #COLLEGE



What is college ?

col•lege Noun – An educational institution or establishment, in particular. Is how the dictionary defines college, but to me college means a variety of things. For one college means Higher education, two, college is a gateway to a new life. In my intermediate family I am the first to attend college. To me college is imperative in order to break the cycle and provide myself a better life. In the future I want to become an ophthalmologist and college is the first step in order for me to get into medical school. I plan to stay at Southern for about 2 years or just for my undergraduate education.

So far college is a little confusing to me, I guess that just a given when you attend a new school. Since you’re trying to figure out what’s necessary, what is demanded, what teachers are good and what teachers aren’t. As time goes on I think that college will become clearer to me. Southern seems to have plenty resources for their students which is great. The people here so far are pretty nice and courteous. My professors seem very genuine and they are also very attentive and helpful which is always good.

Goals that I have for myself while in college are to maintain a GPA of 3.8 or higher. I know that obtaining this GPA will take a lot of hard work and resilience. I’m ready to work hard and show resilience to any outside forces that aren’t beneficial to my college success.  Another goal that I have is to participate in the college community and to meet new people.

As for my college classes I expect to learn a great deal I expect for the classes to be taught well and for them to help me grow intellectually and creatively. I expect for my professors to be open and able to answer questions that I have. I expect for my professors to expect commitment to their class and for me to know what is due and where to go for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment